Welcome to Uuughhh

A place for me to finally get my unheard opinions out to anyone who would be willing to read it (people with way too much time on their hands)

But this isn't just for me. If you have something you want to wine about but don't want to leave a comment feel free to email me at bajastiletto@gmail.com

Listen to some hot new music by my personal friends, read some crap post some crap, and share with your friends because this really is a spectator sport.

-B.S.



Tuesday, June 22, 2010

O You're Pregnant and 15? No That's Totally Cool

Televison shows love broadcasting teen pregnancy. What happened to the days when girl's didn't get pregnant they just took 9mos off school to help care for a sick aunt and then returned a little chubbier from all the stress?
I understand teen pregnancy happens and sometimes teens do all they can (just shy of abstinence) to prevent it. However, on every television station do I have to see some 12 yedar old tween carrying a bowling ball in her shirt? Some reality shows have made teen mothers celebrities by showing their lives from their pregnancy to life after birth. All the girls on these shows are living the best cases of teen pregnancy. All their parents are involved and so are the fathers of the children. The girls are going out, partying, going to school, living in large apartment buildings and having low stress lives. This reality show is very unrealistic.
But even worse is the show 'The Secret Life of the American Teenager' On this show it seems like everyone is getting pregnant and everyone who isn't pregnant isn't at all shocked by the fact that girls aged 14-16 are getting pregnant. The teacher's are like "O hey you have a son but you should go to New York for the summer" the parents are like "O my daughter's pregnant, can you pass the bread please" the friends are like "O you're pregnant, so do you think I can borrow that shirt when your too fat to wear it?"
I guess it's just me, maybe I'm the one who needs to get with the 21st century. My president is black, my lambo is blue and my 10 year old is pregnant. What an advance world we live in.

-B.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment