Welcome to Uuughhh

A place for me to finally get my unheard opinions out to anyone who would be willing to read it (people with way too much time on their hands)

But this isn't just for me. If you have something you want to wine about but don't want to leave a comment feel free to email me at bajastiletto@gmail.com

Listen to some hot new music by my personal friends, read some crap post some crap, and share with your friends because this really is a spectator sport.

-B.S.



Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Who Are You Trying to Impress

So today I went to get my nails done and I was admiring the lovely job the stylist did and I realized most straight men will not appreciate all the time that was spent on the french manicure and cute detailed designs on my toes.
So I began thinking, why do I put myself through all this? I can't explain how much time I spend on my hair, nails, and makeup, and for what? Whether I wear my black eyeliner or my brown eye line, I don't think any guy is really going to notice. And if he does, he's damn sure not going to care.
But when I do take the time to put myself together (which is all the time) I get a so many compliments from women I come in contact with. And then it hit me, women get all dolled up for other women. Obviously if your going on a date or to a party you want to look your best, but when your going to the mall with your friends there is no need to look like your going to a club. But we do it anyway and it's not for the men in our lives. Men really don't care if your toes are hot pink, they don't care about your highlights, they don't care what name label your jacket or handbag is.
Which brings me to another point, I think I would die without being complimented by total strangers on a daily basis. And that's not low self-esteem, believe me I have very high esteem but sometimes I look at my closet and I'm like "damn, all this shit is hot!" And I feel like a lot of women pretend to hate being bothered when I guy tells her she looks pretty, like it's such an inconvenience to be told how good I look every five minutes, but the truth is when we go out and we don't get asked to dance at a club, or a guy doesn't offer to buy us a drink at the bar it's like the end of the world.
Now that I think about there was no point to this post, get over it.

-B.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment