Welcome to Uuughhh

A place for me to finally get my unheard opinions out to anyone who would be willing to read it (people with way too much time on their hands)

But this isn't just for me. If you have something you want to wine about but don't want to leave a comment feel free to email me at bajastiletto@gmail.com

Listen to some hot new music by my personal friends, read some crap post some crap, and share with your friends because this really is a spectator sport.

-B.S.



Friday, December 17, 2010

3. You Can Learn A lot from Different Cultrues

If you take the time to stop commenting on how strange or weird you think a different society is, you will realize just because it's out of your comfort zone doesn't mean it wrong.
There are a lot of aspects to European civilization the Americans can learn from.
On Sundays EVERYTHING is shut down.  Which I admit, when I first came here was annoying but at the same time it makes time to spend with your family and friends in a cozy environment.  And that means no one ever has to work on Sundays which I would totally love.
People get to know each other on deeper levels than in New York.  For example, in every country I went to I tended to eat at a lot of the same establishments,and I saw the relationship the workers had with their customers.  It;s as if everyone in this country is family, as opposed to "hey" "have a good day" which is the extent of our customer service.
When people protest in Europe they go hard core.  When I was France there were terrorist threats on the Eiffel Tower and on the subways, and in Rome college students are setting garbage cans on fire!  Now that's how you get some one's attention.
Now I don't want America to mimic Europe, because our way is what makes us Americans.  I just don't think it's right to reject the unfamiliar.

-B.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment