Welcome to Uuughhh

A place for me to finally get my unheard opinions out to anyone who would be willing to read it (people with way too much time on their hands)

But this isn't just for me. If you have something you want to wine about but don't want to leave a comment feel free to email me at bajastiletto@gmail.com

Listen to some hot new music by my personal friends, read some crap post some crap, and share with your friends because this really is a spectator sport.

-B.S.



Thursday, December 9, 2010

10. Comparisons Are Useless

When I first arrived in Europe, my first country was Paris, France.  The moment I had a taste of the culture every word that came out of my mouth was "Oh in New York this is done like this" and I continued this attitude for the first few days in Paris.
And I took this talent into every country I visited.
As I am preparing to leave Rome, something my orientation said to me on August 27th pops into my head.  I am not in Paris, I am not in New York, I am not in Spain, I am in Rome, Italy and nothing about this country is supposed to be the same as any other.
There is no point comparing on country to another because that isn't going to change anything.  None of these countries try to be like one another. And you can waste valuable time of experiencing the country by comparing it to another.
Also, it's pretty annoying and condescending.  Believe it or not, no one wants to here about how much better another country is than there own. Especially not for weeks at a time.
We get it, you have traveled the world...keep it to yourself!!

-B.S. .

No comments:

Post a Comment