Welcome to Uuughhh

A place for me to finally get my unheard opinions out to anyone who would be willing to read it (people with way too much time on their hands)

But this isn't just for me. If you have something you want to wine about but don't want to leave a comment feel free to email me at bajastiletto@gmail.com

Listen to some hot new music by my personal friends, read some crap post some crap, and share with your friends because this really is a spectator sport.

-B.S.



Thursday, June 16, 2011

Cycles through Songs

The beginning of a relationship will usually start with sex. Whether you are aware of it or not, sex is the ignition to a relationship. Think about it, when you first meet someone you don’t think about the introduction you are going to give to your parents or even your first date, you think about how hot that person is. And I’ve found the perfect song to express that message.

Gyal, me wann fi hold
Yuh put me arms right around ya
Gyal, you give me the tightest
Hold me eva seen in my life

Gyal, me wann fi just squeeze
Yah put me ting right around ya
Gyal, you give me tightest
Hold me eva seen inna mi life, ohh

Me eye dem dry and me nuh care
Mi tek it anytime and anywhere
Inna de spare, so we nuh care
And as a woman I will be dere

Mi wanna gyal who go tek you away
Me want a gyal who cyan wine pon me
Wid it good and mek mi feel itt
Show me that you could girl

Life ah past by everbady like woo, woo, woo, woo
Jump on me back and she go boom, boom, boom, boom
Gime the mekka van aand the fat tun tun tun
Me na rampaz mi nozzle and get my boom boom

She de out a control
I move first cuz she want a man soon
She say no good woman and stil she good
Still me want it well good

Life ah past by pon him and he guud, guud, guud, guud
Jump pan hi back and gu, gu, gu, guuh
In the maca van 95 boom, boom
Me na ramp when mi fi get mi goods

She de outta control
Ah, more fire she want in har soul
Ah, seta moan pan yuh and still she good
And still them have it well good

Hold me eva seen inna mi life, ohh

Me eye dem ah dry and me na care
Me tek it anytime and anywhere
Inna de spere, so we na care
And as a woman I will be there

While this song is hard to understand because of the Caribbean slang, the message is quite clear. This guy is talking about how tight the woman’s vagina is, and how much he just want to be in and around it. He’s not saying he loves her, or even that he likes her, but he wants to be very close to her.
Once you move passed the instant sexual gratification, you can decide whether this person is worth pursuing for a real relationship, or if you just want to add that notch to the old belt. For the purposes of this blog entry, let’s say you decide have a meaningful relationship and you think this person is amazing.

Love you like a brother,
Treat you like a friend.
Respect you like a lover

If you be the cash,
I'll be the rubber band.
You be the match,
I'm gon' be the fuse, boom!
Painter baby,
You could be the muse.
I'm the reporter baby,
You could be the news,
'Cause you're the cigarette,
And I'm the smoker.
We raise a bet,
'Cause you're the joker,
Truth tho.
You are the chalk,
And I can be the blackboard
You could be the talk,
And I could be the walk.

Even when the sky comes falling,
Even when the sun don't shine,
I got faith in you and I,
So put your pretty little hand in mine.
Even when we're down to the wire baby,
Even when it's do or die,
We could do it baby, simple and plain,
'Cause this love is a sure thing.
.com/lyrics/m/miguel_jontel/sure_thing.html ]
If I'm the blunt,
You could be the lighter babe
Fire it up!
Writer baby,
You could be the quote,
If I'm the lyric baby,
You could be the note.
Record that!
Saint, I'm a sinner,
Prize, I'm a winner,
And it's you
What did I do to deserve that.
Paper baby,
I'll be the pen
Say that I'm the one,
'Cause you're a ten.
Real and not pretend!

This song isn’t about sex. Because after awhile a relationship revolves less around sex and more around what you are to each other. In this song (Sure Thing by Miguel) he uses metaphors and similes to describe the feelings he has for someone. In his “sure thing” relationship he and his partner are totally in sync.

Relationships don’t go on like this forever (but my advice is to reside in ‘in sync’ land for as long as possible. But there comes a time when you either grow stronger as a couple and move into the next phase of a relationship, or you fizzle or fight until the point where there is no relationship. For the purpose of this blog we are going to explore both paths through song.

Let us start with the break up path. There are pretty much three outcomes of the break up path.

The first path is the delayed break up. Where the feelings are fizzling and the couple is constantly fighting, but instead of ending the relationship as soon as possible one, or both of the parties, contemplates the decision longer than necessary. The couple spends days, weeks, months and in worse scenarios, years in a bad relationship that’s just going to end anyway.

I used to think one day we'd tell the story of us,
How we met and the sparks flew instantly,
People would say they're the lucky ones.
I used to know my place was a spot next to you,
Now I'm searching the room for an empty seat,
'Cause lately I don't even know what page you're on.

Oh, a simple complication,
Miscommunications lead to fall-out.
So many things that I wished you knew,
So many walls that I can't break through.

[Chorus:]
Now I'm standing alone in a crowded room and we're not speaking,
And I'm dying to know is it killing you like it's killing me, yeah?
I don't know what to say, since the twist of fate when it all broke down,
And the story of us looks a lot like a tragedy now.

Next chapter.

How'd we end up this way?
See me nervously pulling at my clothes and trying to look busy,
And you're doing your best to avoid me.
I started to think one day I'd tell the story of us,
How I was losing my mind when I saw you here,
But you held your pride like you should've held me.

Oh, I'm scared to see the ending,
Why are we pretending this is nothing?
I'd tell you I miss you but I don't know how,
I've never heard silence quite this loud.

This is looking like a contest,
Of who can act like the careless,
But I liked it better when you were on my side.
The battle's in your hands now,
But I would lay my armor down
If you said you'd rather love than fight.
So many things that you wished I knew,
But the story of us might be ending soon.

The end.

Another way one might handle a break up is feeling relieved. Clearly the two of you were not working out for a reason. So rather than wonder what you could have done differently or what the other person did wrong, you feel great to be without that person, because you know that you’re better off.

There was a time
I thought, that you did everything right
No lies, no wrong
Boy I, must've been outta my mind
So when I think of the time that I almost loved you
You showed your ass and I saw the real you

Thank God you blew it
Thank God I dodged the bullet
I'm so over you
So baby good lookin' out

[Chorus]
I wanted you bad
I'm so through with it
Cuz honestly you turned out to be the best thing I never had
You turned out to be the best thing I never had
And I'm gon' always be the best thing you never had
I bet it sucks to be you right now

So sad, you're hurt
Boo hoo, oh, did you expect me to care?
You don't deserve my tears
I guess that's why they ain't there
When I think that there was a time that I almost loved you
You showed your ass and I saw the real you

I know you want me back
It's time to face the facts
That I'm the one that's got away
Lord knows that it would take another place, another time, another world, another life
Thank God I found the good in goodbye

Another way a person can feel after a break up is regret. Sometimes you think you would be better off without someone, and you realize that you really do love them and what you thought you would gain from the break up wasn’t worth what you lost.

I’m so glad you made time to see me
Hows life? Tell me hows your family?
I haven’t seen them in a while.
You’ve been good. Busier than ever.
We small talk, work and the weather.
Your guard is up and I know why
Because the last time you saw me is still burned in the back of your mind
Your gave me roses and I left them there to die

So this is me swallowing my pride standing in front of you saying I’m sorry for that night
And I go back to December all the time
Turns out freedom ain’t nothin’ but missin’ you
Wishin’ that I realized what I had when you were mine.
I go back to December turn around and make it alright
I go back to December all the time

These days I haven’t been sleeping
I’ve been thinkin
Of when your birthday passed and I didn’t call
I remember all of the beautiful times
I watched you laughing from the passenger side
Realized I loved you in the fall
And the cold came, the dark days, when fear crept into my mind
You gave me all your love and all I gave you was goodbye

I miss your tan skin your sweet smile so good to me so right
And when you held me in your arms that September night
The first time you ever saw me cry
So maybe this is wishful thinkin’
Or maybe just myself dreamin’
But if we loved again I swear I’d love you right.
I’d go back in time and change it but I can’t
So if the chain is on your door, I understand.

There’s also a fourth way someone could feel about a break up, which is that they really don’t care either way. But there are no songs about that.

But lets explore the happier note of a relationship, which would be moving forward together.


Jagged Edge:
See first of all (Yeah)
I know these so-called playa'z wouldn't tell you this (What?)
But I'm go be real and say what's on my heart (Yeah)
Let's take this chance and make this love feel relevant
Didn't you know I loved her from the start? (Yo)
Yeah.....

When I think about (Uh-huh, huh)
All these years we put in this relationship (Yeah)
Who'll knew we'd make it this far?
Then I think about (Uh-huh)
Where would I be if we were just to fall apart?
And I can't stand the thought of leaving you...


Meet me at the altar in your white dress(Uh-huh)
We ain't gettin' no younger we might as well do it you I must been feeling you all the while girl i must confess
girl let's just get married
I just wanna get married

Said I done it all but frankly girl I'm tired of this emptiness I wanna come home to you and only you{Why?}
Cause making love to anyone ain't happenin'
I just gotta be with you

I think about
Us finishin' somethin' we started so long ago?
I wanna give you my heart
Do you think about Maybe us having some babies? C'mon won't you be my lady?
Forever girl....

Meet me at the altar in your white dress
We ain't gettin' no younger we might as well do it (Y'all knew we came to dance)
been feeling you all the while girl I must confess
Girl let's just get married
I just wanna get married

Let's get married
Let's get married baby
Let's get married baby

We could pretend after this stage of the relationship everything will be perfect from here on…but I’m not going to lie to you. After you realize you will only sleep with one person for the rest of your life, after the woman gains weight from child birth, and therefore loses her self-esteem and after the man inherits a beer belly a loses his hair the things that held you together will soon tear you apart. Between cheating, money problems, gay secrets and divorce…we’re just waiting for the song about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment